With the goal of being known as "America's Most Veteran-Friendly State," Virginia provides many unique state benefits to supplement and expand on federal benefits for military families. The information here is designed to help military personnel and their families understand and utilize those educational benefits and resources available in the Commonwealth. In most cases, the student's point of contact for these financial benefits is the institution's domicile or admissions office.
- Financial Benefits for Active Duty Military Members
- Financial Benefits for Family of Active Duty Members
- Financial Benefits for Military Veterans and their families
Virginia Guidelines Governing Public Institution Policies for Military-Related Students
- Institutional Separation and Reinstatement Policies
- Guidelines on Course Registration Policies for Military-Related Students [pdf]
- Course Registration Policies Submission Form- Institutional Use Only [word]
- Guidelines on Award of Credit for Military Training, Education, and Experience. [pdf]
In addition to information on the SCHEV website, the following external resources are available:
- Virginia Department of Veterans Services (DVS)
- DVS Resources
- www.WeAreVirginiaVeterans - Virginia's Wounded Warrior Program
- Serving Our Service Members Families- SOS connects these families with businesses, churches, and civic and volunteer organizations to meet their needs while a service member is away on duty or wounded while serving.
- Virginia Education Wizard - Click on "Careers" for the Veteran's Career Finder
- State Approving Agency (SAA) for Veteran's Education and Training
- GI Bill Home Page
- Post 9-11 GI Bill
- Virginia institutions participating in the Yellow Ribbon Program
- Virginia Advisory Council on Military Education - (A military-related professional association at Virginia colleges and universities)
- Virginia Values Veterans - Bringing Veterans and Employers together across the Commonwealth.
- Virginia Employment Commission - Employment Services for Veterans.
- Department of Motor Vehicles - Troops to Trucks Program
- Virginia Regional Center for USJFCOM Workforce Transition and Business Development