Research Associate Job Position
Working Title: Associate for Finance Policy
Job Open Date: 02/01/2021
Job Close Date: 02/18/2021
Hiring Range: $45,000 – $65,000
Location: Richmond (City) - 760
Position Number: 00038
Job Posting Number: 1075201
Type of Recruitment: General Public - G
Does this position have telework options? Yes
Bilingual/Multilingual Skill Requirement/Preference:
Job Type Detail: Full-Time Salaried - Non-Faculty- FTS-1
Pay Band: UG
The State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV) is the coordinating body for the nation’s preeminent system of postsecondary education. SCHEV is responsible for: developing and promoting an educationally and economically sound, vigorous,
progressive and coordinated system of higher education; facilitating collaboration among postsecondary institutions that enhances academic quality and operational efficiency; developing and submitting recommendations to the executive and legislative
branches on budgetary and policy matters; and providing advisory and/or regulatory guidance to the institutions. In 2014, SCHEV developed The Virginia Plan for Higher Education a statewide strategic plan. The plan provides a roadmap for Virginia to
be the best-educated state by 2030. While SCHEV is responsible for management of The Virginia Plan, execution relies on collaboration among institutions, K-12, general assembly members and staff, Governor’s staff, and other key stakeholders.
Ongoing communications, including progress on the measures and targets, as well as initiatives are critical to meeting the needs of Commonwealth and its citizens.
SCHEV is currently seeking an Associate for Finance Policy. The position will support the development of higher education policy recommendations, particularly in the area of funding for institutions’ capital and operating budgets, by collecting,
analyzing, reporting data findings and learning new systems for analysis; keeping policies and procedures up-to-date; ensuring accurate and timely processing for programs and projects; providing technical assistance to institutional staff; exploring
and embracing new technologies to improve efficiency; and providing other support to the section as needed. The position will work with internal staff, institutional staff and staff at other state agencies. The individual must possess excellent oral
and written communication skills to facilitate productive collaboration, partnerships, and excellent results. This position is considered an excepted position with a contractual agreement.
SCHEV aspires to be a great place to work. It is an environment of public servants committed to developing an educationally and economically sound, vigorous, progressive and coordinated system of higher education in Virginia. We value honesty, quality,
diversity, inclusion, growth-orientation, personal well-being, equity, transparency and accountability. And we seek team players that will advance these values through their work and engagement.
- Experience demonstrating the ability to interpret, analyze, and apply policy and identify changes to policy/procedures and make updates as needed.
- Experience demonstrating knowledge, skills, abilities, in data collection/analysis, database manipulation, and experience producing reports related to data findings.
- Experience which demonstrates the ability to communicate orally with diverse stakeholders to make presentations, and experience demonstrating the ability to communicate in writing to develop ad hoc reports, guidance documents and other related correspondence
- Experience demonstrating the ability to multiple task, to prioritize work, and the capacity to produce detailed orientated work in accordance with deadlines.
- Experience demonstrating the ability to employ technology to streamline and make work processes more effective and efficient.
- Considerable experience using spreadsheets to collect and manipulate data and or/knowledge of database management applications and practices.
- A work history which demonstrates the ability to work independently or collaboratively with SCHEV staff, college university professionals, and staff at other state agencies.
- Knowledge of Virginia’s public higher education system.
- A master’s degree in public policy, public administration, business administration, or other related field.
- A work history which demonstrates at least one year in the field of higher education finance.
- Knowledge of higher education capital budgeting and projects.
This position is considered an excepted position with a contractual agreement.
This position will be required to travel periodically to higher education institutions for onsite visits.
TState applications will only be accepted as submitted online by 11:59 pm on the closing date through the Recruitment Management System (RMS). Applications submitted via email, postal mail, fax, or in person will not be considered. Applicants are expected to fully represent qualifications and work history on the State applications and or in resumes. The decision to interview an applicant is based on the information provided in the application, resume, or other relevant documents provided; therefore, it is essential for applicants to supply detailed information. Applications should include complete work history, including periods of unemployment if applicable.
Submitting an incomplete state application/resume, or a state application/resume lacking in detail, may impact your interview eligibility. This website will provide a confirmation of receipt when the application is submitted successfully. Please refer to “Your Application” in your RMS Account to check the status of your application for this position.
Applicants are expected to fully represent qualifications and work history on the State applications and or in resumes. The decision to interview an applicant is based on the information provided in the application, resume, or other relevant documents provided; therefore, it is essential for applicants to supply detailed information. Submitting an incomplete state application/resume, or a state application/resume lacking in detail, may impact your interview eligibility. This website will provide a confirmation of receipt when the application is submitted successfully. Please refer to “Your Application” in your RMS Account to check the status of your application for this position. If any assistance is needed when applying online,
please contact DHRM at 804-225-2131. EEO/AA
Notice: DHRM will record information from each new employee’s Form I-9 (Employment Eligibility Verification) into the Federal E-Verify system to confirm identity and work authorization.
You must apply for this job through the Commonwealth of Virginia Jobs.Virginia.Gov website