A Commonwealth of Virginia Website
State Council of Higher Education for Virginia

Skip to Content  |  HOME Calendar |  Careers |  Directory |  Intranet |  Webmail   

New School Certification Forms

Degree Granting Institutions

Before downloading the Step one and Step two forms, you must download and read the Summary of Certification Process - IHE. This document explains the necessary steps to receive SCHEV certification.

Step One

You must have attended a new school orientation before proceeding with the steps below.
Read Me First 
Intent to Operate Postsecondary School
Intent to Operate a Postsecondary School Cover Sheet
Background Check Form
Name Acknowledgement Form

Step 2

(Documents in order as listed in certification application package)

Read Me First
Instructions for Completing Application-IHE
Certification Application Fee
SAMPLE Projected Accounting Budget
Projected Accounting Budget
Certification Checklist
Certification Application IHE
Accreditation Plan
Status of Good Standing Report
Site Listing Form
Acknowledgement of Prior Postsecondary Involvement
Program Inventory Form
Application for New Program Approval
Institutional Catalog Checklist
Policy Documents
Senior Administrator Qualification Form
Board Member Qualification Form
Administrative Personnel Qualification Form
Faculty Qualifications Form
SAMPLE Advertising Material
Enrollment Agreement
SAMPLE Truth in Lending Agreement
Authorization Certificates
Library Resources Plan
Distance Education Attestation
Telecommunications / Distance Education Plan

Final Steps to full certification

Read Me First
SAMPLE Surety Instrument Calculation Worksheet
SAMPLE Irrevocable Letter-of-Credit
Administrative Personnel Qualification Form
Senior Administrator Qualification 
Faculty Qualifications
Certificate of Occupancy

© 2019 State Council of Higher Education for Virginia
101 N. 14th Street, 10th Floor  |  James Monroe Building   |  Richmond, VA 23219

If you wish to receive this content in an accessible format per Section 508 of the federal Rehabilitation Act, 29 U.S.C. ? 794 (d), please call 804-225-2600.