Cybersecurity Public Service Grant
General Description and Purpose
The purpose of the Cybersecurity Public Service Grant is to encourage public service to recent graduates of Virginia institutes with degrees in Cybersecurity or a related field by partnering with qualified public and private organizations to provide up to $20,000 in combined state and employer match benefits. The Grant may be renewed for up to two additional times, for a maximum of three total years, subject to employer commitments upon initial awarding, available funds, number of applicants and prioritization of employer and position.
To be eligible, recipients must:
- reside within Virginia during the period of employment in which the contract is in force;
- begin full-time employment within one year of graduation from an accredited Virginia institution of higher education, or separation from active duty service in the Armed Forces of the United States;
- accept an offer of qualified employment from a qualified employer located within the Commonwealth of Virginia
- qualified employers include state and local agencies of the Commonwealth of Virginia, federal agencies, state and federal military or defense organizations and private organizations that contractually provide cybersecurity service for them.
- qualified positions tagged with "#COVAcyberjobs" on jobs.virginia.gov are among those that are eligible. For more information please see the Budget Language.
There is no program commitment or reservation of funds until SCHEV has confirmed individual eligibility and has signed the agreement identifying the state and employer program match and duration of agreement. The 2021-22 forms will be available on this page as of May 1, 2021. Individuals must submit an Application and employers must submit an Employer Agreement to SCHEV.
Depending on available funds and subject to matching employer funds, recipients will be eligible for up to a total of $20,000 per year from a combination of program funds and employer match. Distributions will be made bi-annually.
For more information about cybersecurity in Virginia, visit cyberva.virginia.gov
Administrators: Display our Cybersecurity Public Service Grant Flyer!