Two-Year College Transfer Grant
Established in 2007, the Two-Year College Transfer Grant Program (CTG) provides an incentive for students to first complete an associate degree at a Virginia public two-year college before transferring to a participating Virginia fouryear college or university as a means to reduce the overall cost towards completing a bachelor’s degree.
In addition to already paying lower tuition charges for their freshman and sophomore years while attending a two-year college, qualifying students may also receive a CTG award once they transfer to the participating four-year institution.
To be eligible, the student must:
- Be a first-time entering freshman (at any institution) no earlier than fall 2007.
- Be an undergraduate in-state student (Virginia domicile).
- Meet selective service requirements.
- Have received an associate degree at a Virginia two-year public institution.
- Have a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 on a scale of 4.0 for the associate degree.
- Enroll into a Virginia four-year public college or university or a Virginia four-year private nonprofit college or university by the fall or spring immediately following completion of an associate degree
- Enroll full-time into a degree program that is not for religious training or theological education.
- Have applied for financial aid by completing the federal Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by the four-year institution’s published deadline.
- Have financial need, defined as a federally calculated Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of 12,000 or less.
Participating Four-Year Institutions
To be eligible, institutions must meet the following definition:
"Institution of higher education" means a four-year public or private nonprofit educational institution within the Commonwealth whose primary purpose is to provide undergraduate collegiate education and not to provide religious training or theological education.
Institutions meeting the above definition but not on the list below must apply for participation as prescribed in program regulations.
Undergraduate students enrolled in the following institutions may be considered for the CTG:
- Christopher Newport University
- College of William & Mary
- George Mason University
- James Madison University
- Longwood University
- Norfolk State University
- Old Dominion University
- Radford University
- University of Mary Washington
- University of Virginia
- University of Virginia's College at Wise
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Virginia Military Institute
- Virginia State University
- Virginia Polytechnic/State University
Private Non-Profit Institutions:
- Averett University
- Bluefield College
- Bridgewater College
- Christendom College
- Eastern Mennonite University
- Emory & Henry College
- Ferrum College
- George Washington University
- Hampden-Sydney College
- Hampton University
- Hollins University
- Jefferson College of Health Sciences
- Liberty University
- Mary Baldwin University
- Marymount University
- Randolph College
- Randolph Macon College
- Regent University
- Roanoke College
- Shenandoah University
- Southern Virginia University
- Sweet Briar College
- University of Lynchburg
- University of Richmond
- Virginia Union University
- Virginia Wesleyan University
- Washington & Lee